Our community’s success is our business. The focus of the Madison County Chamber centers on our role as the go-to organization to serve as the catalyst for community & economic development. We exist to connect our citizens, organizations, and businesses with the resources they need to make Madison County thrive.
Our Plan of Work centers around achieving the following:
- strengthening our local economy by promoting the community’s assets
- providing networking opportunities for you to connect with other like-minded businesses for shared success
- recruiting new businesses that diversify our local economy
- encouraging member-to-member collaborations for enhanced business exposure
- convening leaders & influencers to impact lasting change
- investing in your professional development and other educational needs
- advocating for you on legislative issues impacting small businesses
- growing tomorrow’s community and business leaders
Our Plan of Work
Our Plan of Work is carried out through various committees:
Agricultural Promotions Committee
- Goal 1: Provide a united voice for all agricultural sectors in Madison County.
- Goal 2: Educate the community on agriculture’s role as the top economic driver in Madison County (especially with being first in FGV).
- Goal 3: Encourage a culture of appreciation for agriculture among all citizens in Madison County.
- Goal 4: Promote new, local markets/economies for agribusinesses.
- Goal 5: Directly market Chamber member products to consumers.
Events & Marketing Committee
- Goal 1: Organize and promote the Chamber’s signature events.
- Goal 2: Generate additional funds for the Chamber through fundraising events that promote our members (per their membership tier) while engaging the community.
- Goal 3: Position the Chamber as the organization that brands the community through MADICO MADE.
Government Affairs Committee
- Goal 1: Promote pro-business climate throughout the County and collaborate with other Chamber committees as appropriate.
- Goal 2: Encourage members to honor civic duties.
- Goal 3: Present updates on issues important to the citizens of Madison County while maintaining political neutrality.
- Goal 4: Facilitate positive and productive strategic planning discussions for the benefit for all sectors of economy and community.
Leadership Development Committee
- Goal 1: Serve as a steering committee for the adult leadership program.
- Goal 2: Serve as a steering committee for the youth leadership program.
- Goal 3: Recognize outstanding and promising young professionals.
Membership Development Committee
- Goal 1: Recruiting new members to the Chamber.
- Goal 2: Retaining existing Chamber members.
- Goal 3: Evaluating membership benefits/tier packages to ensure they are meeting members’ needs.
- Goal 4: Investing in our members through networking events and professional development opportunities.
Small Business Development Committee
- Goal 1: Establish a culture of “community over competition” among Chamber membership and the business community.
- Goal 2: To organize and promote shop local/ shop Chamber initiatives.
Workforce Development & Education Committee
- Goal 1: To connect the school system (especially the Broad River College and Career Academy) with Chamber members and other local employers so that Work-Based Learning placement and apprenticeship opportunities are expanded for students.
- Goal 2: To market and communicate all the accomplishments of the school system (especially the Broad River College and Career Academy) to Chamber members, local employers, and the entire community under the #MadiCoMadeWorkforce brand.
- Goal 3: Leverage relationships with Chamber members and other educational entities to aid in addressing work ethic and employability concerns among students
- Goal 4: Foster a culture change within the school system and the community that is more receptive to technical school as a post-secondary education pathway for students.
- Goal 5: Partner with the Broad River College and Career Academy and Athens Technical College to provide continuing education opportunities for Chamber member employers/employees.