Our community’s success is our business. The focus of the Madison County Chamber centers on our role as the go-to organization to serve as the catalyst for community & economic development. We exist to connect our citizens, organizations, and businesses with the resources they need to make Madison County thrive.
We passionately strive to develop a pro-business climate that serves as the catalyst for economic and community development that complements our agricultural roots in Madison County, GA.
To create a thriving economy that improves the quality of life for all in Madison County, GA by continuous cultivation of mutually beneficial relationships between businesses, government and the community.
Our Plan of Work centers around achieving the following:
- strengthening our local economy by promoting the community’s assets
- providing networking opportunities for you to connect with other like-minded businesses for shared success
- recruiting new businesses that diversify our local economy
- encouraging member-to-member collaborations for enhanced business exposure
- convening leaders & influencers to impact lasting change
- investing in your professional development and other educational needs
- advocating for you on legislative issues impacting small businesses
- growing tomorrow’s community and business leaders
Our Plan of Work
Our Plan of Work is carried out through various committees:
Agricultural Promotions Committee
- Goal 1: Provide a united voice for all agricultural sectors in Madison County.
- Goal 2: Educate the community on agriculture’s role as the top economic driver in Madison County (especially with being first in FGV).
- Goal 3: Encourage a culture of appreciation for agriculture among all citizens in Madison County.
- Goal 4: Promote new, local markets/economies for agribusinesses.
- Goal 5: Directly market Chamber member products to consumers.
Events & Marketing Committee
- Goal 1: Organize and promote the Chamber’s signature events.
- Goal 2: Generate additional funds for the Chamber through fundraising events that promote our members (per their membership tier) while engaging the community.
- Goal 3: Position the Chamber as the organization that brands the community through MADICO MADE.
Government Affairs Committee
- Goal 1: Promote pro-business climate throughout the County and collaborate with other Chamber committees as appropriate.
- Goal 2: Encourage members to honor civic duties.
- Goal 3: Present updates on issues important to the citizens of Madison County while maintaining political neutrality.
- Goal 4: Facilitate positive and productive strategic planning discussions for the benefit for all sectors of economy and community.
Leadership Development Committee
- Goal 1: Serve as a steering committee for the adult leadership program.
- Goal 2: Serve as a steering committee for the youth leadership program.
- Goal 3: Recognize outstanding and promising young professionals.
Membership Development Committee
- Goal 1: Recruiting new members to the Chamber.
- Goal 2: Retaining existing Chamber members.
- Goal 3: Evaluating membership benefits/tier packages to ensure they are meeting members’ needs.
- Goal 4: Investing in our members through networking events and professional development opportunities.
Small Business Development Committee
- Goal 1: Establish a culture of “community over competition” among Chamber membership and the business community.
- Goal 2: To organize and promote shop local/ shop Chamber initiatives.
Workforce Development & Education Committee
- Goal 1: To connect the school system (especially the Broad River College and Career Academy) with Chamber members and other local employers so that Work-Based Learning placement and apprenticeship opportunities are expanded for students.
- Goal 2: To market and communicate all the accomplishments of the school system (especially the Broad River College and Career Academy) to Chamber members, local employers, and the entire community under the #MadiCoMadeWorkforce brand.
- Goal 3: Leverage relationships with Chamber members and other educational entities to aid in addressing work ethic and employability concerns among students
- Goal 4: Foster a culture change within the school system and the community that is more receptive to technical school as a post-secondary education pathway for students.
- Goal 5: Partner with the Broad River College and Career Academy and Athens Technical College to provide continuing education opportunities for Chamber member employers/employees.