2021 MADICO MADE Leadership Program
The MADICO MADE High Potential Leaders Program seeks to encourage, develop, and provide community leadership in order to enhance the quality of life in Madison County. Specific goals of the program include: to identify and educate potential, emerging, and existing community leaders; to promote networking among the membership; to identify community needs and to promote and facilitate community projects; and to provide a resource pool for the benefit of the community.
The Madison County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Development Committee shall target individuals: (i) with a sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the community; (ii) who have demonstrated commitment by past community activities; (iii) who are interested in seeking, or intending to seek public office, boards, commissions, or key volunteer leadership roles; (iv) who represent all segments of the community; and (v) who have demonstrated leadership qualities or potential for development of those qualities. The Program strives for classes that are representative of geographic, occupational, gender, ethnic and other diversity.
This High Potential Leaders program requires dedication. Attendance is critical to the success of the program for you and your class. Partial sessions missed (including tardiness) are considered full absences. Please be on time and do not leave until dismissed by coordinators.
Absence is reserved for illness, family emergency or significant life events and must have prior approval of coordinators.
To be eligible to graduate, only one approved absence is permitted. Graduation eligibility is the responsibility of the participant, not the coordinators. Should you anticipate multiple conflicts, consider delaying your application for a year, but notify the Committee that you wish to be considered next year.
Tuition is $300 from applicants selected for the class. Checks for the MADICO MADE High Potential Leaders Class of 2022 should be made payable to the Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
Once the commitment form is signed, tuition is non-refundable. Ability to meet tuition commitment should be ascertained (either from participant or participant’s employer) prior to application.
Tuition is due by September 1, 2021. There are partial scholarships available. Contact the Madison County Chamber of Commerce for more information.
MADICO MADE HIGH POTENTIAL LEADERS EXPECTATIONS & PROGRAM OF WORK
- Please be on time and do not leave until dismissed by coordinators. Attendance will be recorded by coordinators and punctuality helps sessions flow smoothly.
- Some sessions include group transportation. For these sessions, participants are expected to travel together to and from activities. Exceptions must be approved in advance by coordinators.
- Mix and mingle with other classmates throughout the program of work.
Participate. Share your thoughts, experiences and vision. Ask questions.
- Please respect your classmates, moderators, and the policies of sites visited in regard to cell phone use, including texting and messaging.
- Enjoy the experience of learning and developing, and try to take full advantage of the benefits of this respected program.
Every effort will be made to refrain from amendments to the schedule. Topic reassignments will be attempted in favor of date changes. Prior to each session, detailed information on the day’s agenda will be provided. Unless otherwise noted, sessions should be considered “all day,” generally from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, September 24 – Sunday September 26, – Orientation Retreat (MANDATORY SESSION)
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 – Session 1
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 – Session 2
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021 – Session 3
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022 – Session 4
- February 2022 – Graduation Recognition at Madison County Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet